- A senior Department of Justice official says he repeatedly and specifically told top officials at the FBI and DOJ about dossier author Christopher Steele's bias and his employer Fusion conflicts of interest, information they kept hidden from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.
- It turns out that Ohr kept top officials at both the FBI and Department of Justice apprised of his conversations with Steele, passed along electronic and written materials from multiple Fusion GPS employees, and shared key information that was excluded from the FISA application to the courts.
- They claimed the high-ranking Justice official was in contact with Steele after the foreign actor had supposedly been terminated with cause as the primary source of negative and outlandish information on Trump.
- In fact, Ohr met with Steele on July 30, 2016, and initiated discussions with top officials within days, continuing to share information from and about the supposedly terminated source, not just through the election but well into the first year of the Trump administration.
- He said, So, again, so the record is clear, what the Department of Justice and the FBI was aware of prior to the first FISA application was your relationship with Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson, your wife’s relationship with Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson, Mr.
- Ohr conferred with his lawyer but said, Right, and went on to list the things he told the FBI, including At some point, and I don’t remember exactly when, I don’t think it was the first conversation, I told them that Chris Steele was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected.
- Asked if they were aware of Steele's bias against Donald Trump, Ohr said I provided information to the FBI when I thought Christopher Steele was, as I said, desperate that Trump not be elected.
- The Department of Justice's Bruce Ohr claimed he repeatedly said information was not verified, risked bias, and had been obtained under political circumstances.
http://thefederalist.com/2019/01/17/top-mueller-officials-coordinated-with-fusion-gps-spouse-in-2016/
No comments:
Post a Comment