Friday, October 26, 2018

George Papadopoulos may dump his plea agreement, testify publicly

Former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos said Friday he believes there was government misconduct in the handling of his case, and he wants to testify publicly.

Papadopoulos testified in a closed-door meeting with House lawmakers Thursday, and said some things he learned during that meeting has caused him to consider withdrawing an agreement he made with the U.S. government.

"I believe there was tremendous misconduct on the government's behalf regarding my case," Papadopoulos told "Fox & Friends" Friday morning.

"And given certain information I learned yesterday, that I can't publicly disclose right now, I'm actually even considering withdrawing my agreement I have come to with the government."

Papadopoulos said that if he decided to fight the government on his charges, it would mostly be because he doesn't want other Americans who could join a presidential campaign to go through what he has.

"I have absolutely no Russia connections whatsoever," Papadopoulos said.

"I definitely still want to testify publicly," Papadopoulos said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/george-papadopoulos-may-dump-his-plea-agreement-testify-publicly

No comments: