Friday, August 30, 2024

Harris says she did not support banning fracking in 2019

 Vice President Kamala Harris insisted that she did not support a fracking ban, even though in 2019 she strongly backed a nationwide ban on it.

“I made it clear on the debate stage in 2020 that I would not ban fracking. As vice president, I did not ban fracking. As president, I would not ban fracking,” she told CNN in an interview Thursday night.

But before she dropped her bid for president in 2019 and joined President Biden’s ticket, Ms. Harris said in a CNN town hall, “There’s no question I’m in favor of banning fracking.”

When asked whether her views on fracking changed, Ms. Harris insisted that her policies hadn’t shifted.

“In 2020 I made very clear where I stand. We are in 2024 and I have not changed that position nor will I going forward. I kept my word and I will keep my word,” she said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/aug/29/kamala-harris-says-she-did-not-support-banning-fra/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

No comments: