Monday, July 25, 2022

BLM-Backed Dem Indicted on Federal Wire Fraud Charges, Faces 20 Years in Prison

Karen Carter Peterson

  • In a wire fraud case, a former Democratic state senator and party chairman is accused of using campaign contributions for gambling expenses
  • Karen Peterson, an ex-state senator who served the 5th Congressional District for over a decade, resigned her Senate seat in April. She cited mental health issues and "gambling addictions."
  • Between 2012 and 2020, she was also the chair of the Louisiana Democratic Party.

Karen Carter Peterson

  • In addition to serving up to 20 years in prison, Peterson could be fined $250,000 and be supervised for three years after she's released from prison.
  • According to court documents, Peterson served as a Louisiana state senator for the 5th District from 2010- 2022, and as the chair of State Political Party A from 2012-2020.

Peterson posted a statement on Twitter:

  • "Today marks an important step in my life-long recovery as I continue to address my gambling addiction. I have made full repayment of funds used as a result of my addiction and I will continue to make amends. Staying true to the steps of my ongoing recovery, I have been forthright, honest, and fully cooperative with the US Attorneys' Office in their investigation."

 

https://republicbrief.com/blm-backed-dem-indicted-on-federal-wire-fraud-charges-faces-20-years-in-prison/ 

No comments: