Thursday, August 30, 2012

Juan Williams: Explaining exactly what I meant

Editor: Samuel E Burns

Juan Williams should be enough of  a professional to say what he means the first time around and not have to back up and further explain his comments the next day. What he said on Wednesday night, said a lot about where Juan Williams stands. I am deeply concerned with the positions he has taken in the last few weeks. When he was fired by NPR he had my support, but with his latest comments, I am not so sure how unbiased he really is. Read the article below and make up your own mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ann Romney, me and her convention speech

By  

Last night on Fox’s special coverage of the Republican Convention, I said that Ann Romney reminded me of a corporate wife during her speech. In the hours since I made that comment, I have gotten a lot of static and a flurry of negative feedback through Twitter and Facebook.
Many people took offense to that criticism so I think it is worth explaining exactly what I meant.
First, I was making a criticism of the speech  -- not of Mrs. Romney.
My wife and I have dined with Mitt Romney.  I have met Ann. They are very nice people.
She is a very real person who has faced all of the struggles that attend to being a wife, a mother and a cancer survivor. She is an attractive, energetic and engaging presence on the campaign trail. She is the type of woman that any man - corporate executive or not - would be proud to present as his wife.
My reaction was to the political speech. It was intended to help the presidential candidate with women voters. The goal was to let the audience know he is a caring person and not a hardened businessman lacking a heart.

 

No comments: