Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ann Romney offers the human side of Mitt Romney

In a bright red outfit, Ann Romney greeted the Republican National Convention delegates and attendees Tuesday night.
To a smattering shouts of “We love you Ann,” the aspiring first lady spoke of the love she has for her husband, family, and country.
“Tonight I want to talk to you about love,” Romney said.
“I want to talk to you about the deep and abiding love I have for a man I met at a dance many years ago. And the profound love I have, and I know we share, for this country,” she continued. “I want to talk to you about that love so deep only a mother can fathom it — the love we have for our children and our children’s children.”
Romney quickly got to her central point. Women make the country run and it is women who feel the brunt of the pain when times are hard. As a woman, Romney relayed her understanding.
“Sometimes I think that late at night, if we were all silent for just a few moments and listened carefully, we could hear a great collective sigh from the moms and dads across America who made it through another day, and know that they’ll make it through another one tomorrow,” she said. “But in that end of the day moment, they just aren’t sure how.”
“And if you listen carefully, you’ll hear the women sighing a little bit more than the men. It’s how it is, isn’t it? It’s the moms who always have to work a little harder, to make everything right,” she said.

No comments: