Friday, September 28, 2018

Lindsey Graham Goes Off on Committee Dems: 'The Most Unethical Sham Since I've Been in Politics'

Sen. Lindsey Graham's anger boiled over during the Senate confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Thursday, as he lashed out at committee Democrats for orchestrating what he called "The most unethical sham since I've been in politics."

The South Carolina Republican questioned Kavanaugh first, confirming with him that he met with Democrat ranking member Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California on Aug. 20, weeks after she had received a letter from University of Palo Alto Professor Christine Blasey Ford describing a sexual assault allegation against the nominee, stemming from their high school years.

Graham next asked Kavanaugh if he knew that Feinstein's staff had already recommended a lawyer to Ford, when the senator met with him.

The implication of Graham's questioning appeared to be that Feinstein had planned all along to drop the allegation against Kavanaugh as a late-hour bombshell.

LindseyGrahamSC : "When you see Sotomayor and Kagan, tell them that Lindsey said hello cause I voted for them. I would never do to them what you've done to this guy. This is the most unethical sham since I've been in politics." pic.

Judge Kavanaugh: "Senator I'll do whatever the committee wants. I wanted a hearing the day after the allegation came up." pic.

Kavanaugh responded, "Senator, I'll do whatever the committee wants. I wanted a hearing the day after the allegation came up. I wanted to be here that day!".

https://www.westernjournal.com/lindsey-graham-goes-off-committee-dems-unethical-sham-since-politics/

No comments: