Sunday, March 10, 2013

As Government Grasps For Taxes, Brace for an Unwinnable War Against You

Many years ago, I dropped out of law school. As wise a decision as fleeing from law school is at any time, it left me unemployed and debt-ridden in Boston in the midst of the recession of the early 1990s. Cut off from my cozy, if temporary, academic existence, and with my list of creditors rather lengthier than my list of potential employers, I did what any enterprising young man does in difficult economic times: I sold...umm...genetic material to the highest bidder in a city full of competing researchers; I worked as a paid medical guinea pig in a series of increasingly bizarre experiments involving both cocaine and marijuana, and wrote about the experience for Penthouse; and I started a little house-painting and handyman business off the books.

Read more: http://reason.com/archives/2013/03/07/as-government-grasps-for-tax-revenue-bra

No comments: