Saturday, April 29, 2023

The Crime Of "Talking To Tucker Carlson"

 The whole world is commenting on and speculating about the abrupt departure of former Fox commentator Tucker Carlson from that network.

Having appeared on Mr Carlson's show, to raise these and other real concerns, I also was peppered ceaselessly with nasty comments from my own "Side." Why? Because I had talked to Tucker Carlson.

My soon-to-be-former friends and colleagues simply reiterated again and again, as if it were self-evident, that I had discredited myself in some nameless but completely understood and permanent and unforgivable way, by talking to Tucker Carlson.

They were treating me as though by my talking to Mr Carlson and Mr Bannon, no matter about what - no matter that the issues and evidence that I brought to these platforms and to these interlocutors were both true and important - I was burning my I-am-a-good-person membership club card, in some kind of public ritual of immolation, and that thus I would have to be exiled far from the progressive community and shamed away entirely from the warming of progressive campfires.

The reaction of horror, from everyone I knew, at my crime of "Talking to Tucker Carlson", horrified me.

The dismay of the Left in reaction to my "Talking to Tucker Carlson" horrified me because talking to people with whom I don't agree, is one of the main ways I have ever learned anything, or, I believe, that anyone has ever learned anything.

So - Mr Carlson - thank you for caring about women and babies, in your being among the first, along with Mr Bannon, to give me a platform to raise a lifesaving alarm about threats to both.

https://naomiwolf.substack.com/p/the-crime-of-talking-to-tucker-carlson?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=676930&post_id=117742452&isFreemail=true&utm_medium=email

No comments: