Monday, August 30, 2021

Marine who slammed military over Afghan mess says he's resigning

A US Marine Corps veteran who was relieved of his command for chastising his bosses over the botched Afghan withdrawal has decided to call it quits.

Stuart Scheller, who came under fire after the bombastic Facebook post last week, said on YouTube Sunday that he's sticking by his guns and resigning his commission - walking away from a $2 million pension after 17 years of military service.

"I could stay in the Marine Corps for another three years, but I don't think that's the path I'm on," Scheller said.

"I'm resigning my commission as a United States Marine effective now."

Scheller explained that despite being relieved of command was still an active Marine - until he completes his resignation.

"I want to be clear that I love the Marine Corps," he added.

In a brief interview with The Post over the weekend, Scheller also said he had only sought accountability for the Afghan withdrawal.
 

https://nypost.com/2021/08/29/marine-who-slammed-military-over-afghan-mess-says-hes-resigning/ 

No comments: