Thursday, February 25, 2021

‘So You're Saying It's Embarrassing': CNN Anchor Presses Congressman On Special Earmarks In $1.9 Trillion Relief Bill

CNN anchor Poppy Harlow pressed Democratic New York Rep. Adriano Espaillat to say whether or not he was "Comfortable" with the earmarked funds for non-COVID related projects included in President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill.

While discussing the bill with Espaillat on Wednesday's edition of "CNN Newsroom," Harlow noted that some politicians want it to be "More narrow" and not include extra money for other projects.

"I'm not saying you're doing that. I'm saying that any bill that has $1.9 trillion, there will be one line that will probably be somewhat embarrassing, right Poppy? But I tell you what -," Espaillat said, before Harlow interrupted him again.

"So you're saying it's embarrassing, and that's $101.5 million of taxpayer money and I'm just saying, are you comfortable with it?" she asked.

"No, I'm not comfortable. I'm never comfortable with it. But I tell you what I'm comfortable with. I'm comfortable with the fact that the past initiatives came from the Senate. And we had to adjust to them," Espaillat answered.

Biden introduced his proposal for the relief bill in January before taking office.

The final version of the bill is still being negotiated in Congress.
 

https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/25/poppy-harlow-adriano-espaillat-coronavirus-relief-bill/ 

No comments: