Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The True Federal Deficit

Ever since I wrote an article challenging the myth of the Clinton surplus, skeptics have been searching out ways to refute it. Some suggest I don't understand the difference between the debt and the deficit (I do). Others claim that I'm ignoring the CBO numbers (even though I explained that in the original article).

I then wrote a follow-up article that explained the exact accounting that allowed a real deficit to be claimed as a surplus by Clinton. That article really was the final nail in the coffin of the Myth of the Clinton Surplus. It demonstrated that even if we omit Social Security from the calculations, the remaining "surplus" only existed due to surpluses in other trust funds.

Read more: http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/32

No comments: