Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Santorum: Come to Think of It, I Might Run in 2016, Too

Since I've indulged my prediliction for writing deja vu posts several times in recent days, who's up for one more?  Election 2016: Return of the sweater vest?

Former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum says he is “open” to another run for president in 2016. Santorum was asked about a possible presidential campaign Monday at THE WEEKLY STANDARD. “I’m open to it, yeah,” Santorum replied. “I think there’s a fight right now as to what the soul of the Republican party’s going to be and the conservative movement, and we have something to say about that. I think from our battle, we’re not going to leave the field.” In 2012, Santorum won nearly 4 million votes and 11 GOP primary contests—the same number of states, he pointed out, Ronald Reagan won in his failed 1976 presidential bid. The nomination eventually went to Mitt Romney, whom Santorum argued did not focus on what he considered the “main issue” of the race: The role of government in the lives of Americans. 

Read more: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/11/27/santorum_come_to_think_of_it_i_might_run_in_2016_too

No comments: