Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Anatomy of Failure: How CA Governor Newsom Turned a Huge Budget Surplus into a Devastating Deficit

 

  • California’s top income-tax rate is 13.3% on earners making more than $1 million.

  • Consider the idiocy of such an idea, though: I have to pay accountants to make sense of incomprehensible tax forms so I can send you money, you then give me some of the money back on a debit card, and then I hire the accountants again to figure out how much I now owe in taxes… Even Catch-22 author Joseph Heller would be impressed with that Byzantine labyrinth.

  • We’re investing in fire protection and drought response while forging an oil-free future away from big polluters, and more. [

  • Well, I hope so, because the current one is an absolute disaster where brownouts are common and eye-popping bills are the norm.]

  • California ranks 34th in academic performance, according to one group.]

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/02/22/anatomy-of-failure-how-ca-governor-newsom-turned-a-huge-budget-surplus-into-a-devastating-deficit-n706914

No comments: