Thursday, March 26, 2020

Wake Up! Your Fears Are Being Manipulated

Finally declared a national emergency seven months later, the CDC was reporting that 50 million Americans, one in six people, had been infected, and 10,000 Americans had died.

Most of the people who handled the swine flu are now working the coronavirus, from the rank and file at CDC, HHS, and DHS to headliners like Drs. Andrew Fauci and Deborah Brix.

The American people counted that as competent leadership and re-elected George W. Bush.

Whatever we do will never be enough, never can be enough, the same way any post-disaster aid is never delivered quick enough because the testing is not about discovering the extent of the virus.

Think about the reality of "Everyone who wants one should get a test." The U.S. has 331 million people.

Testing 10 percent of them in seven days means 4,714,285 individuals a day while the other 90 percent hold their breath.

Held up as the master of mass testing, conducted at its peak about 20,000.

Tests are valuable to pinpoint the need for social distancing, but blunt tools like mass social distancing also work.

You can hide the number of infections by not testing, but very sick people make themselves known at hospitals and actual dead bodies are hard to ignore.

We have a terrifying example in 9/11 of how easily manipulated fearful people are.

No comments: