Sunday, November 1, 2015

THE BIGGEST LOSER

agree in large measure with Scott McKay's fine analysis of last night's debate but wanted to offer a few thoughts of my own including my conclusion that the biggest winner and biggest loser of the night were not on the stage.

First, a very brief summary of each candidate's performance:

John Kasich: Good performance but too much time spent saying the word “Ohio,” despite his having an admirable record as governor. Also, and this is the first time I’ve thought this, Kasich looked a bit old and tired last night; when my wife, who doesn’t follow politics too closely, wanted to tell me who she thought had a decent night, one of her picks was “the old guy.” Still, his message is appealing and if the GOP base were willing to consider a relative moderate on social issues, it’s easy to imagine Kasich doing well against Hillary Clinton.

http://spectator.org/articles/64512/biggest-loser

No comments: