Friday, November 14, 2014

Senate Democrats Have No Idea Why Elizabeth Warren Got A New Leadership Role

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) got a promotion on Thursday. She now has a seat at the Senate Democratic leadership table and, in a role created just for her, she will serve as a policy adviser and voice for progressives.
Her colleagues have no idea why this is happening.
"A liaison to liberals? I've never heard of such a thing," said Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), throwing his hands in the air. "I asked her about it and she said she was some kind of adviser. I don't know what it is. I don't know what that all means."
“I didn’t even know this was happening. I never knew it,” said Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.). “I mean, they can pick whoever they want to.”
Asked if he thought it was to help position Warren for a potential 2016 presidential run, Manchin said, “I really couldn’t speak to that.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/13/elizabeth-warren-senate-leadership_n_6154784.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592 

No comments: