Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Campaign Of Rhetoric To Raise Taxes

I like to think of myself as an observer. I like to watch people and I also like to watch how certain situations unfold in front of me. I find it fascinating to see how some things turn out, but I also get frustrated when I realize things are not working out how I believe they should. Such is the case in the ongoing and upcoming fight over raising our taxes.
Make no mistake about this, President Obama wants to repeal the tax cuts now in place and by doing so, he will be raising taxes. He made it very clear in his recent news conference that he believes he has a mandate to do just that. While it is true that he won the election, and we all know how he feels about winning elections, it is not true that he has a mandate to raise taxes. According to exit polls performed on Election Day, 63% of Americans oppose raising taxes to cut the deficit.
Those who are in favor of raising taxes must believe we are a bunch of sheep, waiting to be led to the slaughter. They are currently conducting a campaign of rhetoric to convince us that the Bush tax cuts are evil and that they should be repealed. I keep the adblocker in Firefox disabled on my blog, as well as other conservative blogs I read. By doing so, I am trying to do what I can to support them in their efforts to spread conservative values. On my blog, it is to make sure no ads are displayed that are inappropriate. Imagine my surprise when I saw the same ad on this blog and at Conservative Hideout.

Read more: http://www.ldjackson.net/the-campaign-of-rhetoric-to-raise-taxes/

No comments: