Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Don't Throw Your Vote Away; Reflections on "Lesser of Two Evils"

I have unwaveringly stated I will not vote for either president Obama or Mitt Romney. That position has not changed.

I wrote about that point of view on September 19 in QE to Infinity and Beyond; Mish for President?

In response, I received quite a few emails from people stating they would indeed write in "Mish" for president.

I deeply appreciate the support. However, here we are on election eve (or election morning depending on your time zone), and I need to tell you something slightly different.

The reason is not all states count write-in votes. For example, in Illinois, write in votes are only counted if someone declares write-in candidacy via a specific date.

I missed the Illinois deadline. I also missed any other such deadlines in other states as well.

Stand Up and Be Counted

So as much as I appreciate the support, I have to advise, that if you want your vote to be counted, you likely have to vote for an official candidate.

Sadly, that means you cannot vote for Ron Paul, for me, for yourself, or anyone other than an official declared and filed candidate.

Dissatisfied With Obama and Mitt Romney?

Are you disastified with the mainstream Republican and Democratic candidates?

If so, I wonder if you are not in the majority. Yet, people will foolishly vote for one or the other on the misguided grounds of "lesser of two evils".

No comments: