Friday, September 21, 2012

Obama's Legacy on Black America

I am on the road touring with Tea Party Express.  In my hotel room, I caught an interview with First Lady Michelle Obama on Lift Every Voice, a faith-based program on BET (Black Entertainment Television).  I was amazed at how the black host and program producers portrayed Mrs. Obama and her husband as the couple they want to believe them to be -- that is, strongly committed Christians.
In reality, Obama is the most anti-Christian president in U.S. history.  Obama's behavior is irrelevant to the TV program producers.  I felt like I was watching an episode of The Twilight Zone in which everything is the opposite of reality.
What on earth is going on in the hearts and minds of most black Americans in regard to Obama?  Why are a majority of blacks apparently incapable of honestly accessing President Obama's job performance?
In past articles, I have blamed The Black Code (never side with whites against a fellow black) and plain old basic black racism for black America's blind loyalty to Obama.  However, I must confess that I find myself wondering if something more sinister figures into the mix -- a spiritual thing.
The Bible says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
Is black America bewitched by Obama?  Frankly, I do not know.  All I know is that something really strange is going on in the psyche of many of my fellow blacks regarding Obama, making it impossible for them to honestly critique his job performance or who he is as a person.

No comments: