Thursday, July 12, 2012

American Dietetic Association is Intentionally Using State Legislatures to Block Alternative Nutrition Providers and Restrict Free Speech

The day my previous article about the ADA came out, three months ago, Pepin Tuma, Director of Regulatory Affairs for the ADA, sent me an enraged set of emails:
Just finished reading the article, and am shocked how many demonstrably false conclusions you make and quotes you included. I had hoped the article would be honest (or that you would come back to me so I could refute the lies your article contains), but you chose not to.
Please expect a detailed refutation by tomorrow, and I look forward to discussing the process by which you will correct your embarrassing mistakes. . . .
You also may want to run a spell-check on your article.
The “detailed refutation” he emailed me next business day (and apparently emailed widely within the ADA, as it started popping up across the Web on ADA-related sites) took exception with just two quotes from my article, just 113 words out of a 3,245-word article.
Tuma also forwarded the same letter to Mr. Steve Forbes, complaining of “egregious factual inaccuracies” in my article, requesting that Mr. Forbes please “review the letter [to me] and consider an appropriate response from Forbes [magazine],” and stating that “it is very important for your readers to be armed with the facts rather than Mr. Ellsberg’s opinion and misstatements.”

Read more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelellsberg/2012/07/10/american_dietetic_association_2/5/

No comments: