Wednesday, February 29, 2012

When The Deflation Tsunami Hits, Losing The Least Is A Winner

The Automatic Earth

A subject that commonly comes up in TAE is what to do with your savings if you have too much to stuff in "that creative place" that Nicole often refers to. And what she suggests is that the safest place to put it is in short term treasuries. If you are a citizen or a legal alien in the USA, that means T-bills, and if your money is not tax deferred, the only sensible way to do it is via Treasury Direct. A couple of days ago one of my closer friends sent me the following piece by Robert Moore on Rick’s Picks:
She sent it with the message, "What's this mean?" She is never one for verbose emails. As you might imagine, the title of the article by Robert Moore, intrigued me, but as I read through it I became a bit irate, and I decided to reply with a comment. Well this comment got supersized and I thought it might have the makings of a feature on TAE. I haven't done one for almost a year. Instead of interleaving my commentary with the offending article, I would like to present it in a continuous format. So may I suggest that you read the Moore article and perhaps some of the comments and then come back.

Read more: http://theautomaticearth.org/Finance/when-the-deflation-tsunami-hits-losing-the-least-is-a-winner.html#ixzz1nljN3ss6
 

No comments: